Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving soon about 15 mor minutes away from where I work and so I won't be able to go home for lunch. I usually go home (i have an hour) and then I eat and then go to the bathroom and then am fine for the rest of the day. The problem is, when i move i wont be able to go home for lunch anymore and i dont know what to do! The thing is, I work at an apartment complex office and the bathroom is RIGHT in the office and all the apartment KEYS and FORMS are in the BATHROOM!! That mean, we (the office and maintenance men) go in and out of the bathroom 100x's a day. I am having a dilema as to what to do! There is no ones house i can go to to use the bathroom, nor is there a library or something like that around. i don't want to go to mcDonalds every day to use the bathroom but I dont know what to do! I don't want to be forced to move closer to work JUST so i can go home and eat lunch. This sucks. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
hmm, this is a tough one. First, could they move the keys and forms out of the bathroom? Seems like a strange place to be in the first place. Second, it might actually help if people knwo you have IBS - I know I've let people know and at least it takes away the stress of them wondering. I don't go into details, just tell them I have a digestive disorder.good luck.nancy

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Is there like a gas station with a store in it around? This is also breaking your comfort zone and at the moment that can set in a type of panic about the situation, but you will find a way to work this out.Besides the library are there any other public offices around?

·
Registered
301 Posts
How far is your work going to be from home? Is it that far that you can't go home for lunch? I also think it's a good idea to move the keys and paperwork out of the bathroom. Or if you work for an apartment complex, isn't there any empty apartments that you can use during lunch? That would be the best bet, I think!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I worked in an apartment complex and the bathroon was right in the front with lots of people walking by and getting "things". I would take apartment keys of vacant apartments and use those washrooms. If you do take toliet paper, once I had none. Also, downstairs in the laundry room was a washroom. I would use that bathroom too. If that is not possible these forms must be moved. They should be anyway. It is so silly to have paperwork in the bathroom. I do understand your problem. I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well. i already proposed the moving of the keys- i think they willl do this but yes i am moving too far to go home for lunch, besides the fact that we are in 'construction' season, and the highways are ALWAYS tore up. I dont want to go into offices just to use the bathroom every day...esp since I always have to go around 1 or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts