Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Heather,I was just wondering if you had any recipes for vegan dips. I stay off the dairy, but I've managed to find vegan mayonnaise and sour cream. I really miss having dip with my veggies, but I don't know any recipes that don't come in a package. The only problem is, I can't eat garlic. I generally just omit it from recipes, but I can't think of any dips. Can you help me out?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi - there are several vegan dip and spread recipes here web page Also, check the IBS Recipe Index here web page and you can also post a request on the IBS recipe exchange board here web page You can just omit garlic from the recipes if you wish. Also, check health food stores for ready made vegan dips. Or, mix fat-free salad dressings with the vegan mayo or sour cream.Be careful with the fat content here - vegan mayo and sour cream can be as high fat as the regular versions. Also watch out if you're eating raw veggies with the dip - they're very high insoluble fiber, and that can trigger attacks. Cooked veggies are easier on you. At the least, don't eat the raw veggies on an empty stomach.Best,Heather

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.