Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going along merrily with some pretty good control over my IBS-D symptoms. At night there was pain, but no toilet trips for the most part. In the morning I had pain and "D" until about 1030 am, then I could pretty much go about my day, planning just about anything after 11am. Now everything has changed. I now have the "D" until around 1 or 2 then at night I am waking up with pain and "C" followed by "D".My diet has not changed, and I am pretty depressed about the while thing. I HATE IBS, and I wish it would go from wence it came.------------------Brenda S, R.N.This too shall pass !Although I am a nurse, nothing I say here should be taken as medical advice, its only personal experience. See your own doctor for any medical questions & answers.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My symptoms have changed over the years from occasional stomach cramping to alternating C & D. I have had D for about three years. Even though I take calcium and it helps, I still get occasional bad bouts of pain and horrible D. I had a bout last night and today. Could have been from the meatball sub I ate on Wednesday. Anyway, I think IBS is ever changing in some people.It has gotten worse for me over the years. I keep waiting for it to stop
Wishful thinking.....

·
Registered
369 Posts
My symptoms have changed over the years from occasional stomach cramping to alternating C & D. I have had D for about three years. Even though I take calcium and it helps, I still get occasional bad bouts of pain and horrible D. I had a bout last night and today. Could have been from the meatball sub I ate on Wednesday. Anyway, I think IBS is ever changing in some people.It has gotten worse for me over the years. I keep waiting for it to stop
Wishful thinking.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aw, Badcat. . . I too really struggle with being discouraged sometimes. Doggone it. Life sucks at times. I'm sure your situation will resolve itself over time. Once we've adapted to a particular set of circumstances, it is tough when the circumstances change and our adaptations don't WORK and we have to readjust to the whole stupid thing again. I'm sure you will either learn to cope (effectively) with your new symptoms, or just resolve back to your norm. Either way, I hope it happens soon for you, because I know how discouraging it is until that happens. . . Can't say I have much help to offer, but I can at least sympathize.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aw, Badcat. . . I too really struggle with being discouraged sometimes. Doggone it. Life sucks at times. I'm sure your situation will resolve itself over time. Once we've adapted to a particular set of circumstances, it is tough when the circumstances change and our adaptations don't WORK and we have to readjust to the whole stupid thing again. I'm sure you will either learn to cope (effectively) with your new symptoms, or just resolve back to your norm. Either way, I hope it happens soon for you, because I know how discouraging it is until that happens. . . Can't say I have much help to offer, but I can at least sympathize.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.