Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day All,I have a DisneyWorld quetion for anyone out there that's been there. I LUV Disneyland but this will be my first trip to DisneyWorld in Mid-September.I am a little worried about the transportation. We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I hear that at times it can take forever to get to and from the parks on Disney transit. YIKES!!! What about bathrooms?Disney aprks usually have good bathroom facilities...but DisneyWorld is SOOOOO Big.Anyone have any suggestions? Are there a good number of restrooms?Any advise? Ideas?HAPPY DAY!!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
As a resident of Orlando, I am out there all the time. (In fact, I am going to Epcot tonight for dinner with some friends!)Don't worry about the bathrooms. They are everywhere and the lines are not bad at all.As for transportation, it does not take that long at all. Buses are constantly running.Relax and enjoy the vacation!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
As a resident of Orlando, I am out there all the time. (In fact, I am going to Epcot tonight for dinner with some friends!)Don't worry about the bathrooms. They are everywhere and the lines are not bad at all.As for transportation, it does not take that long at all. Buses are constantly running.Relax and enjoy the vacation!

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Many of us have been to DisneyWorld with very little problems.The bathrooms are plentiful and clean. There is a wide variety of food. The transportation is excellent - except if you decide to leave at closing time where you can expect long delays.Jeff

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Many of us have been to DisneyWorld with very little problems.The bathrooms are plentiful and clean. There is a wide variety of food. The transportation is excellent - except if you decide to leave at closing time where you can expect long delays.Jeff

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm in orlando right now, I can see the roller coaster at Sea World as I write this, and I've stayed for a week at Disney. It's very easy to get to the parks and back, especially when you stay at the resort like you're doing. There will be shuttle busses from your hotel area to each of the parks almost non-stop all day long. We stayed at Dixie Landing and took the boat back and forth. Tons of bathrooms and small lines, makes it a great place for IBS'ers. Enjoy and give us a report on how it went.WesJenS, how about lunch sometime?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm in orlando right now, I can see the roller coaster at Sea World as I write this, and I've stayed for a week at Disney. It's very easy to get to the parks and back, especially when you stay at the resort like you're doing. There will be shuttle busses from your hotel area to each of the parks almost non-stop all day long. We stayed at Dixie Landing and took the boat back and forth. Tons of bathrooms and small lines, makes it a great place for IBS'ers. Enjoy and give us a report on how it went.WesJenS, how about lunch sometime?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Wes, I will be at Epcot tonight--going to see Blast! And I have a meeting at Animal Kingdom on Thursday from 10a to noon!Karl, there are many food options, too. If you are going to do a lot of rides, I suggest taking 1/2 an immodium and 1/2 a Dramine or Bonine.[This message has been edited by JenS (edited 08-20-2001).]

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Wes, I will be at Epcot tonight--going to see Blast! And I have a meeting at Animal Kingdom on Thursday from 10a to noon!Karl, there are many food options, too. If you are going to do a lot of rides, I suggest taking 1/2 an immodium and 1/2 a Dramine or Bonine.[This message has been edited by JenS (edited 08-20-2001).]

·
Registered
256 Posts
We were at Disneyworld in March. Everyone is right about the availability of restrooms, but I did experience some lines and had one embarrassing episode at Epcot. The hardest part for me was all the walking and standing. Use the Fast Pass to avoid long waits for rides. I'd advise to eat very lightly. The food is expensive, I'd stock a cooler in your room, especially at Carribean Beach, because the food court is quite a distance and more fast food oriented. The bus system is awesome and was never a problem with waiting or long rides.

·
Registered
256 Posts
We were at Disneyworld in March. Everyone is right about the availability of restrooms, but I did experience some lines and had one embarrassing episode at Epcot. The hardest part for me was all the walking and standing. Use the Fast Pass to avoid long waits for rides. I'd advise to eat very lightly. The food is expensive, I'd stock a cooler in your room, especially at Carribean Beach, because the food court is quite a distance and more fast food oriented. The bus system is awesome and was never a problem with waiting or long rides.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We just went to Disney World in May and once in the parks it was great - plenty of bathrooms and not too bad lines either. However we decided to rent a car. I heard too many horror stories about the park transportation and did not want to take any chances. Once we parked it was an easy walk to the gate, bathrooms right at the entrance even! (Used them more than once). Plus we did not have to rely on a bus schedule to decide where to go. Car rental are very very cheap in Florida and you can return the car at the airport or at Disney.Unless I am staying on the Boardwalk and only going to Epcot - I would not do it any other way.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We just went to Disney World in May and once in the parks it was great - plenty of bathrooms and not too bad lines either. However we decided to rent a car. I heard too many horror stories about the park transportation and did not want to take any chances. Once we parked it was an easy walk to the gate, bathrooms right at the entrance even! (Used them more than once). Plus we did not have to rely on a bus schedule to decide where to go. Car rental are very very cheap in Florida and you can return the car at the airport or at Disney.Unless I am staying on the Boardwalk and only going to Epcot - I would not do it any other way.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone for the reply's. Danaps brings up a good point. Should I rent a car? I wasn't planning on it because I figured the stress of driving around there would be worse than just getting on the transit system. Besides I find something relaxing about letting someone else do all the driving? But is it more practicle?I guess my question is more "Is it easier by car" or "Is it easier by DW Transit".....even if I didn't have IBS?Thanks,KARL

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.