Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am really nervous
about a trip I'm taking w/ my daughter to California.She is 10 and I am 30 and we are going to go to Disneyland and Knottsberry Farm for 5 days. I will be walking around a lot and of course going on rides. The rides seem to bother my stomach
but my daughter really needs me to be a mom and experience things w/ her.I am nervous because I'm afraid I'll have an IBS attack while waiting in line or while on a ride. When I get an attack I cannot function or hold it in. What if I start farting in line? How gross for the people next to me. Mine are not exactly pleasant.Gosh, I am going to just pray that I can experience this with my kid w/o issues. That's all I am asking for.I also hate flying. It makes me nervous which causes my IBS symptoms to flare up. I am flying from Seattle to Californina (2.5 hours). Any suggestions out there?I will miss you guys...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Heya!! lol dunno bout you but i tend to find its the day after that it really starts to hit!!! if it gives you more piece of mind wear sanitary towels (dunno if thats maybe what you call nappies over there?!?!). Don't worry about it, be careful what you eat and drink (I always avoid alcohol and often carbonated drinks when i'm out and limited food intake
) and if you get gas when standing in queues does it matter? How many of these people are you ever going to see again? and how likely is it that they know it was you? go out and enjoy yourself with your daughter and don't let your ibs worry you. Just do the best you can, even if that means taking an afternoon off for a sleep. Enjoy yourself!!!

G

·
Chris - you'll have a great time - once you are there and your daughter is caught up in the excitement of Mickey and Co you'll love it. I braved Alton Towers (a very minor imitation) with my 2 oldest ones and even went on Aer - a horrific upside down Roller Coaster and survived. I think with IBS its the expectation thats so cruel - bet you have a riot!!Let us knowSue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.