Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,Does anybody else experience dizziness with their IBS? I am normally D type but when I am C I seem to get dizzy and anxious. I also am having some sinus drainage so it could be my ears causing anxiety and anxiety making the IBS flare up. (I do not have a cold or sinus infection)Any help or information would greatly be appreciated because this is really getting to me.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Southernbunny, considering your sinuses are messed up and balance is in the ear it could have something to do with it.However, I think there is something in dizzyness and IBS due to neurotransmitters, but that is just an opinion.------------------ http://www.ibshealth.com/ www.ibsaudioprogram.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eric,I definitely believe it. I have been constipated and terribly dizzy too. When I finally had a satisfying BM I began to feel almost normal again.It does seem to set off anxiety alarms too though, and that is what is giving me most of my troubles.Thanks for responding,SouthernBunny

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, It's amazing you posted this. I graple with the same question since I have both IBS C and sinus problems.I personally think it's a bit of both. I attribute a little light headedness to my sinuses, but every once in a while, I may get dizzy, that is releived by a BM.There is definately a vagal nerve response going on here. There is a rather rare condition in which some people will actually faint when they pass gas. It is connected to the vagas nerve being overly stimulated.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts