Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,I am a guy living in India and have been suffering from IBS symptoms since the last 6 years. It all started when I moved from my hometown to another city for a job.I have tried all sorts of meds ranging from allopathy to homeopathy and finally the latest being ayurveda.When I was in the US I tried lot of anxiety medicines etc but none helped.Last week I had an infection in my lower abdomen and I went to the doctor for some medicine.He prescribed some antibiotic medicine for that infection.The prescribed course for the medicine was for 7 days.Ever since I have taken the medicine the IBS symptoms have COMPLETELY VANISHED! I have never felt so good and so happy in my life ever!yesterday was the last day of the medicine course and I am just waiting to see if the effect continues after I have stopped taking the meds.Please all pray that this is something permament and not something which will stop after the meds stop
!!I will keep updating you all on my progress or otherwise. If it really helps I will also put out the med name etc for others's benefit although that med might not be available outside India ?take care y'all

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Hope and Joolie, thanks for your welcome messages.Well,I have some good news - since I posted the first message on this forum my IBS symptoms have DRASTICALLY decreased.I now think it might have been just some infection in my stomach (intestines?) which was causing IBS like symptoms for me.I feel much better now and my IBS episodes have gone down very much - they now happen only say once in 3 days which is quite an improvement to me
I am controlling my diet - avoiding spicy food as much as I can.I have a lot of yogurt - seems to help control IBS for me.HTH,Take care y'all.IBS DUDE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.