Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I haven't been posting here for awhile, but I've been reading. I am off and on IBS-D. I had a bad attack this morning, so I thought I'd get on here and ask some questions again..... I get pains in my stomach (upper left side) and in the upper right side as well as a lower left side pain. It just seems like the pain is everywhere and travels. Is this common for IBS or should I be getting checked out for something else? My doc said she thought I had GERD as well, but I don't think that's the case as I don't have heartburn all the time. I will, occasionally, have the upper left side pain and a bitter taste in my mouth, though. Well, just curious as to what kind of pains you guys experience...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Kryste,
quote: My doc said she thought I had GERD as well, but I don't think that's the case as I don't have heartburn all the time. I will, occasionally, have the upper left side pain and a bitter taste in my mouth, though.
You don't have to have heartburn ALL the time to have GERD. You should really have this checked out. If you have it you should be on medicine as this can be controlled.Here's a link to GERD:http://www.gerd.com/faq/gerd-faq.htmTake care.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am taking Aciphex for it, but I don't know if it is really helping or not. The D comes and it also irritates my upper abdomen as well. Just curious if anyone else feels it there too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.