Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone that has ibs and he takes digestive enzymes, and i think he eats pretty regularly, but do they really work? is there any one out there that is able to eat normally due to any type of enzyme or anything? i believe this man was taking aloe vera, anyone tried this or anything else that has helped?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am sorry to say that have tried both of these things but had no success. Coffee has proved most successful to me...and there is one other thing....Ocean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Digestive enzymes are what gave my wife back her life. They were the first thing that she found that took enough of the pain away so she could focus on getting better. They are helpful to some but many people are not helped with them. It's like everything else that has to do with IBS, one person will be helped and that same remedy will do nothing for the next. Her story is at http://www.digestioninfo.com/our_story.htm

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The only thing I've ever had the digestive enzymes help with is feeling very bloated after eating a meal. I tried them as there had been some studies that indicated they were good for that. The brand I used was the one available at GNC that contained most of the standard enzyme mixtures.K.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I'm dying to try a digestive enzyme I have seen at all the drug and grocery stores lately called Omnigest. It has all the common enzymes in it and is supposed to help prevent gas and bloating. I only want to try it though. It (as well as ALL other enzymes) is VERY expensive, especially if you take one and it doesn't help. If you have the money though, I would give this one a try. It seems to be so easy and convenient to find (in my area anyway).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.