Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been IBS-C for years and just went through a period when I was really going back and forth btw C and IBS-D. Well, the C is back full-force. Yippee!
Anyway, besides being bloated, does anyone else feel overall crappy? I'm talking tired and a bit nauseous, too? Things have started moving, but I know there's more to come and I'm hoping these feelings will go away with it. I've felt this way before when I've been C but it's taking awhile for things to get sorted out, so-to-speak.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A lot of people with IBS (or any health problem) have a generally tired and feeling bad thing (sick and tired of being sick and tired).However a lot of things can also make you feel bad (anemia, thyroid issues, diabetes, heart issues, breathing problems) so a general check up with some blood work to make sure nothing else is going on may be worth it, especially if it has been awhile since your last physical.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had some bloodwork run recently and all was OK. I really think this has to do with C and also with the dreary weather we're having, as well.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I know how you feel.I tend to feel as you put it CRAPPY!most of the time,and as Kathleen put it 'sick and tired of being sick and tired'oh yes i certainly do.My IBS is severe and i try to live with it as best i can.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey there, I completley understand! Its the same with me, i seem to switch between the two but when i return back to IBS-C its always the worse, lately ive had the most aweful nausea and bloating, i was also diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndromem, as like you said i feel bad often with tiredness, lethargy and weakness, Im going on tuesday for an appointment with a neurologist to help with the CFS, ive found that when my nausea is at its worse i can only eat dry foods but this usually takes an edge of it..

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hope your appointment on Tuesday with the Neurologist goes okay.I've had chronic fatigue syndrome for 11 years,know how you feel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I can absolutely relate to you as well...Right now I am suffering severely from C, nausea, bloating and pain. The only good thing about C, is that I can leave the house and not worry about getting stuck in a public washroom. I hope you have a good day...Carol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carol, unfortunately, on about Day 3 or 4 of C, I then get cramps and often D. And usually, right after lunch. Not fun, but I'm predictable!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts