Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering b/c i assume they get a LOT of fatty acids in their diets. lots of omega 3. have there been population studies done to see if certain peoples do NOT get ibs and if that is related to diet in one way or another???

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
You would need to do studies with traditional Innu. The one's I met in the arctic all shopped at the store and watched TV. There was talk of muk-tuk, but I sure never got to see any. There is a study on the Fibro Board that referenced omega 3s ability to patch up damaged brain cells. My wife's Naturapath suggested omega 3 for IBS (both C & D). It certainly has helped normalized my stool structure; and it will lower your triglycerides. As I mentioned in my PM to you, it is one of two elements in the Phytomega that has dropped my cholesterol right off of the table. It contains 1000 mg fish oil as a daily dose. (I read on another board that it was suggested 1000 mg omega 3 from a larger quantity of fish oil was an appropriate dosage.) Don't see where you have anything to lose.Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.