Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum, I'm 22 years old and I'm starting to think I have IBS but I'm not sure. For the past year I have been experiencing strong symptoms (but feeling lighter symptoms for about 2 years). The symptoms are majorly constipation with an onset of pain on the lower right side. The worst episodes has dizziness and weakness along with the pain. I've seen about 4 doctors. First I had a ultra sound and they checked my gallbladder but it was nonvisualized and they said everything seemed normal. no gallstones or anything. Then I had a barium enema done, also with no diagnosis, just that everything seemed healthy. They told me to change my diet and try to eat right. Next, I had an endoscopy performed and they found a slight hernia but everything else appeared normal and they gave me medicine to correct it. After that, I had a colonoscopy performed since I was still in pain even with the medication. Still nothing. They found a couple diverticula due to constipation but other than that all the biopsies were normal and they said I was fine. Ugh.Its frustrating because sometimes I just feel so sick and I don't feel normal. My stool seems normal enough, solid, no blood. Sometimes it is very hard due to constipation but it usually has a somewhat normal pattern of every other day. The only thing I noticed is sometimes there are white flakes in my stool, flakes/blobs. I tried to look it up online and I'm still confused as to what it is. Can anyone on here help me out? I'm freaking out on what is going on with me and what I should do next. I would greatly appreciate any advice or answers you can give me. Thanks alot.Amy♥

·
Banned
240 Posts
Hi Amy,Welcome to the forum. Did you have all the blood tests run?CBC? Iron? etc.Stool tests?If you don't have blood in the stool, anemia, elevated neutrophils, fever associatedwith the abdominal pain, it is probably IBS. Barium enema, endoscopy, and colonoscopy is a good set of diagnostictools you had done. Its possible capsule endoscopy could catch somethingthat the colonoscopy did not. Maybe ask your doctor about this?You just swallow a camera pill for 8 hours. Insurance may not cover it though without blood in the stool or some otherparameters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.