Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the doctor and have had many tests run and he told me that I probably have IBS. To bad he don't sound so confident but I am 21 and I have stomach pain/cramps in my lower abdominal and sometimes my whole stomach. When I go to the restroom it usually takes me about 20 minutes because I feel constipated and when I am able to go I feel like I don't ever finish like there is still more in there. I do also get diarrhea sometimes but still feel like I don't completly empty. Also along with the abdonmial pain I feel bloated and feel like I just ate a cow because if feels like I am pushing my stomach out as far as I can, not to comfortable. I have been feeling like this for about a year now and it is not everyday but at least 4 to 5 days out of the week. So I am just wondering if this is normal and what I should do because the doctor was not that much of a help.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Sounds like IBS. You aren't complaining of the symptoms that point to not-IBS and your medical tests are clear.If your doctor believe there can't possibly be any medications for IBS or for some reason will not prescribe them for you, then you need another doctor. There are a bunch of things to try, especially for pain, but you need a doctor that knows about them and will prescribe them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.