Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:I just recently have started doing research on my stomach problems and from what I've read, I think I have IBS. I'd rather have feedback from people who are sufferers than go to the doctor who generally always think you're complaining for nothing...anyways...My symptoms are the following:periods of diarrhea (i.e. 1-2 weeks) alternating with periods of constipation (i.e. 1-2 weeks)-diarrhea is made worse when I am stressed (i.e. before an exam, before a big event like a dinner party)-sometimes i get bad cramps like I'm going to have diarrhea, but nothing happens, even after sitting for 30 mins-sometimes the urge to go is so bad that I barely reach the bathroom in time (i mean, sometimes it's REALLY close)-these symptoms (diarrhea) generally get worse when menstruatingThat's about it. Again, not trying to avoid the doctor, but sometimes they just don't listen.Thanks

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Lily, Your symptoms sound familiar, HOWever: Only a Doc can make a diagnosis and I would urge you to seek one.BQ

·
Registered
654 Posts
lily,Your symptoms do sound like ibs. It is a good idea to see a doctor, just to be sure. Ibs is diagnosed by process of elimination. Don't let a doctor dismiss you, if you feel the doctor is unsympathetic to your needs,see another.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lily,Your story sounds familiar. I fight similar symptoms. Only a doc can diagnose IBS, but be prepared it is by process of elimination, they test for all the "serious" illnesses first (My doc's words, not mine). I highly recommend ibsrelief.com, they'll refer you to a doc that specializes in diagnosing & treating IBS. Keep your head up, you are not alone.~~ Shanmari ~~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.