Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HeyWell I've been having cramps and diarrhea sparatically for the past 8 months or so, and I have visited a stomach doctor who has subscribed to me a perscription but I forget the name. He said I probably have colon spasms. Usually my stool is first solid, then the next movement is loose. I can pin it down to certain foods such as pizza, veal parmigan and stuff of the sort. So there is no miracle drug or anything? Is this indeed IBS and if so does it ever 'let up'? Also, it said adults on the front page, I'm barely 16, does it make a difference? I mean sometimes I think I have it down to certain foods, then one day I will have it and not be able to think of anything that could have done it. I do not get the attacks very often maybe three or 4 times every 2 weeks. ThanksJoe

G

·
whats up joe. im a male with ibs/c and i read what you had posted. when you said you have attacks 4 times every 2 weeks and only with pizza and pastas etc. are you normal between those attacks and stuff? because if so, you may just have lactose intolerance. the pizza and the pasta will do it to you if thats the case, along with other milk products. i recommend going to your doctor and getting a lactase breath test to be sure. if these come back as you having a lactose inntolerance, then i recommend one of the following:1.) Lactaid Ultra tablets - take 1 before each lactose food that causes problems www.lactaid.com2.)Digestive Advantage: LI - take one daily www.rofay.com (i have never tried this one but the success rate is 94%)let me know about the 1st paragraph here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.