Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem stupid, but I'm so frustrated I'm scouring the web for answers.Starting last Sunday I started to get severe abdominal cramps that would last 30-90mins. Later that night I experienced the most severe pains I have ever had (including broken bones, bashed head, flue, and food poisoning.) by a factor of 4 or more. I cannot describe the pain other than it was localized and so intense that I shook Constantly, could not hold still, could not stop moaning, and forced myself to go the emergency room, which I never do.They essentially did nothing and my doctor the next day though I might be constipated and prescribed a laxative and an antispasmodic.Since then my bowels seem to depend on the laxative and I have had occurrences at least once a day usually at night, though not as severe as the first night. I can't take going through this kind of pain on a regular basis but no solution is on the horizon.The pain occurs always in my left lower abdomen and my bowels have been either diareah or very very fragmented and small.Thanks for any information, I will continue to learn what I can. Right now it looks like I'm going to have a probe stuck up my rear without the honor of meeting any aliens.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Get the probe. It really IS the best way to know. Good thing you went to a doc right away. If it is anything more serious, it is a good thing to find that out. Good luck!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thats exactly how i felt, the probe i mean , like i was being probed by aliens. But im glad that i had it done, it got rid of some worries. I think you will also find that when you get yours done. I hope you get some answers soon. I know from personal experience, the waiting to know something just about kills me. But in the mean time, keep reading in here, and im sure you will find some things that will help you.

·
Registered
248 Posts
What types of laxatives do you take? Fiber ones are the safest, not the stimulant type. You can become dependent on the stimulant ones. Citrucel and Fiber Choice are two really good gentle fiber supplements you can take. They work well for me, and also drinking a lot of water. Get the sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy, whichever your doctor recommends, that way they can rule out anything serious. You will feel much better and calmer after finding out the truth. Good luck!------------------All the best to everyone,Bonnie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My doc told me to use Milk of Magnesia, which I continue to use. Though he also recommended a take home enema which failed to produce any significant result.I just had a minor bout of "wander around the room till the pain goes away" and decided to check the message board. Thanks for your help, I suppose I'll have to go through with the probe. After having hemmerhoids since I was 16, I am somewhat accustomed to that kind of intrusion. (I hope.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well after a trip to the emergency room, it turns out I have a kidney stone. A small one they say but none the less the source of my pain.Thanks for your encouragement.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another one that is NOT IBS related!! When will they learn????Deb------------------Keep moving forward...even if you must crawl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.