Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had acid reflux problems, and the diagnosis was that I have Gastritis, up until a year and a half ago. I started having abdominal pains, everywhere, from the tip of my stomach all the way down. For the last 12 months I have done every test possible and everything is coming clean. My doctor keeps asking me, and very annoyingly if I do have stress, and I keep telling him that I do not. I really do not. I am a very happy human being and do not stress much about anything. The last year and 1/2 have been extremely hard for me and for my family. I am always in a bad mood because nobody seems to understand what I am going through and especially the doctors. I recently started reading about IBS and I think I have it although my symptons are a little different. I do not have diarrhea or constipation. The pain is always there 24/7 with some relief occasionally every couple of weeks or so(just for a couple of days). My abdomin feels hot all the time and I feel like sombody is pushing on the tip of my stomach. My question is can you have IBS without having Diarrhea or constipation and if so, how can you live all your life with constant pain.(I tried the Zelnorm and it did not help)? Please help! I do not believe anymore in conventional medecine to solve my problems and I need any suggestion that I can try to regain a leat little normalcy to my life.

·
Registered
732 Posts
enzo,First... see the doc and eliminate other stuff, which is really critical.Second... I used to use Xanax, Prozac, and Lotronex because I was a D with stress triggers. Turned out lotronex caused problems.Now I'm just on Welchol and prozac

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Enzo I guess you have been through all the tests then. Here is some good basic info on IBS. http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=DS00106& Also I know within the criteria for IBS is, pain that is relieved with going to the bathroom. If your pain is not like that... Maybe you could ask your Doc about Functional Dyspepsia or to maybe check out your pancreas if he hasn't already. Many folks with IBS also have Functional Dyspepsia, which I know has pain as a symptom.Here is some good info on it: http://www.gastroresource.com/GITextbook/en/chapter1/1-6.htm In any event ask the Doc what you can do to help alleviate/manage your pain.I sure hope you feel better soon.BQ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts