Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was feeling pretty o.k the last few months but not I have again mushy stools, no appetite at all and abdominal discomfort and anxiety about the whole situation. The anxiety is usually about " will it last for month again" " will it ruin my vacation" and "is it still again IBS or something else". When you have breaks from IBS how do you know it's still IBS ? I am aware of all the red flags symptoms like fever, anemia and bloody stool but I am also aware that there are a lot of diseases out there which don't have these red flag symptoms. Just for example : Ovarian cancer has sympthoms like IBS. Do IBSers need to be checked maybe yearly to make sure that it's still IBS (esspecially when you get older) ???? It's confusing when you had a break and than you feel bad again. Getting older adds to the worry. Or can we just have peace of mind as long as we don't have the red flag symptoms ? Is it maybe enough to have a regular physical once a year because they usually do the complete blood count ? I want to make suer I am doing the right thing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.