Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I would like to encourage everyone who is suffering from IBS. I trust and believe that there is a way that you don’t have to live a life defeated and a life in fear anymore. I am a IBS Survivor and I decided to accept what I have but I won’t let IBS ruin my life. I have IBS-D, I been diagnosed for a year now. My flare ups would get so bad that I couldn’t leave the house in the morning because I was constantly having diarrhea and the pain were horrible. I went to doctors and everything was normal. I began to do research on Microbiome. I realized that many of us with IBS have compromised digestive systems with bad bacteria which is why we have diarrhea or constipation, bloating and stomach pains because our digestive systems are inflamed with bad bacteria. We need to balance and restore the good bacteria back into our digestive systems. Doctors prescribe us to different medication like antispasmodic or antidepressants but that’s not placing back the good bacteria we need. I was on Lesvin SL for a year and that medication was making my IBS worse.

I am currently taking prebiotics, probiotics, fish oil and occasionally green tea. I also changed my eating habits so I cook more healthy foods and I avoid dairy, most cheeses except age cheeses, I avoid fast and processed food. No fried food, no added sugars. I don’t eat a high fiber diet. I also make sure I drink a lot of water and I am active at the gym. Once I began taking prebiotics and probiotics that’s when I notice normal bowl movements and symptompain free instantly.
Here is a list of what I am currently using:
Prebiotics:Culturelle IBS Complete Support
Probiotics: Advanced Acidophilus Plus- 500 million microorganisms.
Fish oil: 1,000 mg
Most importantly I pray and believe Jesus is my ultimate healer. Stay encouraged everyone and if anyone needs additional help, prayer, encouragement or advice. I am always here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello there. I guess there is a thing because I found my answer which is different to yours) and want to come onto this web site and sing about it. And it does turn out that IBS is many different things. It said on one web site or you tube video that IBS is a regulatory, the digestive system can't regulate itself for whatever reason. But, when you find the answer, it's amazing because there really did not seem a way out. I posted about mine in another thread but basically it turned out to be the fructans part of a fodmap diet having tried everything else over a period of decades, so I too would like to encourage people out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello there. I guess there is a thing because I found my answer which is different to yours) and want to come onto this web site and sing about it. And it does turn out that IBS is many different things. It said on one web site or you tube video that IBS is a regulatory, the digestive system can't regulate itself for whatever reason. But, when you find the answer, it's amazing because there really did not seem a way out. I posted about mine in another thread but basically it turned out to be the fructans part of a fodmap diet having tried everything else over a period of decades, so I too would like to encourage people out there.
Yes let’s continue to encourage because there is a way out of no way. God Bless

·
Registered
82 Posts
For me the fear gets to me. Frightened of waking up in the morning. Even hate my bathroom now, don't like going in there to get ready for bed....associated with well....you know.
Even more frightened of the unpredictability....one day fine,.might be fine for even a month, then wham, it comes back just because I tried to eat half a peeled apple or one spoon of lentils.
So now safe foods are getting fewer and fewer. Try to eat anything else, and wham! It seems that inch by inch I won't be able to eat anything one day soon.

I pray to Jesus because I know He has answered my prayers on a few occasions. I prayed to him to support and stand beside someone I knew who was dying of a terminal illness and who hadn't long. I didn't tell anyone about my prayer.
I next heard that person told their sister they had "seen Jesus standing at the end of their hospital bed". And the sister was concerned because she said "Oh dear, she's hallucinating now....must be the drugs".
But I smiled at Jesus in my Heart and thanked Him.

He gave my dying dog six extra days when she was dying from internal bleeding one night, because I prayed for just enough time for us both to get used to her passing from cancer. It was a miracle that early morning to hear her get off her bed and start lapping her water. Those six days were blessed and beautiful, and gentle and pain free for her. So beautiful.

I pray for help from Him and trust in it, and know I shouldn't let the fear vibration be the strongest thing in my everyday world. But it's hard to feel the soul in things when this IBS eats at me. I pray every night and give thanks and great honest gratitude for so many blessings, and say the 23rd psalm as I fall asleep.
But still the horrors happen in the morning and I am left shaking and weak and unable to eat much at all that my gut can handle. I can't take probotics. They make me more unwell. I can't tolerate fiber. I can't eat fruit, and even fish (no fiber) upsets my gut. I can't tolerate pharmaceuticals, and am on homeopathic medicine which is not even helping any more, though it did at one time.

The saddest thing is I have no joy in anything any more, even looking forward to dinner, or sleep, or waking up, or what the day will bring, or going in the woods. I ask Him to help me find my Soul again that did used to shine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Silviegee,

I just read your message and I can really relate to your health experience and the emotional stress you are facing. About a hour ago I was reading my Bible and was studying 2 Corinthians and the message came across was comforting in suffering. In 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, God word reads “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God”.

I would love to talk with you over the phone more and even for us to pray together, if you are comfortable. Please let me know.

Blessings,
Wa’tia.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wa'tia, I feel your compassion and thank you and God. I feel it in my Heart right now.
I can't connect via a phone call as I am in the UK. I can't skype or Zoom or anything because I am on a very old laptop that doesn't do those things.
Thank you, in Jesus' name. God bless you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It is so good to hear that you have been feeling very much better from the treatments you have tried.
Thanks for giving us spiritual support and encouragement.
God bless

1 - 8 of 8 Posts