Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took the doctors over 4 years to figure out I had IBS. I was relieved to finally hear something was actually wrong with me and I wasn't just making it up.the problem I've been having is finding a medicine that actually works 50% of the time. I have IBS with Gastritis which means i'm also on acid reducers, but for my IBS all i've been given to try (of course not together)is Bentyl and Levsin. Both only worked for about 6-8 hours of my acutal day. before the medicine i had IBS with D after i started taking the meds i have IBS with C.Can anyone shine alittle bit of light on the subject of meds and what seems to work well for you?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Well, its not the same for everyone. Different drugs do different things for different people. I do not really take any drugs other than imodium, so to be honest, i can't really help.Maybe if you can cut down on how much you take you could regulate the C?

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
There are a lot of different medications to try.. the two drugs you have been given are both antispasmodics, so it may be time to try a different kind of drug. If you look at the blue bar at the top there is a link to "drugs" which lists all the main medications for IBS.It can take a lot of experimenting to find the ones that work the best for you.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.