Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone else gets wind in the bladder, it feels like gas and I only get it when I'm constipated.hope you don't think I am mad.The docs tell me its the IBSclaire

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I'm convinced that I get this, too. Sometimes, it even feels like it whooshes out. But everything I've heard and read says that, unless you have a fistula (unusual opening in the bladder or urethra), it can't happen. I've been afraid to mention it to any of my drs., or they'll really label me psychosomatic. But it's interesting to learn that someone else has this symptom.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I'm convinced that I get this, too. Sometimes, it even feels like it whooshes out. But everything I've heard and read says that, unless you have a fistula (unusual opening in the bladder or urethra), it can't happen. I've been afraid to mention it to any of my drs., or they'll really label me psychosomatic. But it's interesting to learn that someone else has this symptom.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have you ever had a water infection? I had one a year ago which put me in hospital, the infection was constantly coming back and the doctor said it may have something to do with the pipe that connects to the bladder (sorry don't know what its called) so I am wondering if that is what it is. The doc said it6 was IBS and I have other IBS symptons I was just wondering if anyone else had it, as I am worried its really serious

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have you ever had a water infection? I had one a year ago which put me in hospital, the infection was constantly coming back and the doctor said it may have something to do with the pipe that connects to the bladder (sorry don't know what its called) so I am wondering if that is what it is. The doc said it6 was IBS and I have other IBS symptons I was just wondering if anyone else had it, as I am worried its really serious

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mine was cystitus, pain when you go to the toilet, I had pains in my kidney quite bad and my body rejected the antibiotics prescribed so I was very sick as the infection spread all over me!some infections can be going to the toilet a lot etc

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mine was cystitus, pain when you go to the toilet, I had pains in my kidney quite bad and my body rejected the antibiotics prescribed so I was very sick as the infection spread all over me!some infections can be going to the toilet a lot etc

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
What do you mean exactly by it "feels like gas"??I mean I can read that as you have a full feeling that feels bloated in that area.The other way to read it you feel like you are farting out of the hole that the urine comes out of.The muscles of the bladder can spasm and do odd things just like the muscles of the colon do so I can kinda understand the first way to read it as something going funny with the bladder muscles or sensory system.For the second other than a fistula (so gas from the colon really does get into the bladder, or that some farts are traveling forward from the anus and you feel where the bubble is when it pops and that happens to not be where you expect it I have no idea.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
What do you mean exactly by it "feels like gas"??I mean I can read that as you have a full feeling that feels bloated in that area.The other way to read it you feel like you are farting out of the hole that the urine comes out of.The muscles of the bladder can spasm and do odd things just like the muscles of the colon do so I can kinda understand the first way to read it as something going funny with the bladder muscles or sensory system.For the second other than a fistula (so gas from the colon really does get into the bladder, or that some farts are traveling forward from the anus and you feel where the bubble is when it pops and that happens to not be where you expect it I have no idea.K.

·
Registered
347 Posts
You cannot get air into the bladder unless you have had surgery with an external opening. The feeling may be caused by a prolapsed uterus which pushes against the bladder and can cause low back pain which may radiate down the back of the legs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
You cannot get air into the bladder unless you have had surgery with an external opening. The feeling may be caused by a prolapsed uterus which pushes against the bladder and can cause low back pain which may radiate down the back of the legs.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
This answer was posted by a dr. in the Urology Forum:"...A more worrisome cause of bubbles in the urine includes a severe UTI with a gas-forming organism (usually in diabetics). More common is a connection of the bladder and bowel called an entrovesical fistula. This fistula can be caused by a tumor, a swallowed bone (fish or chicken most common) or Chron's disease....Foamy urine may indicate protein in the urine without infection."

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
This answer was posted by a dr. in the Urology Forum:"...A more worrisome cause of bubbles in the urine includes a severe UTI with a gas-forming organism (usually in diabetics). More common is a connection of the bladder and bowel called an entrovesical fistula. This fistula can be caused by a tumor, a swallowed bone (fish or chicken most common) or Chron's disease....Foamy urine may indicate protein in the urine without infection."

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
No, no, don't be scared, Claire. If it was something life-threatening, you'd be very sick and unable to function. You'd know it, believe me. If, like many of us, you are having an ongoing, irritating problem with your bladder, you should be evaluated by a urologist or uro-gynecologist. A simple office procedure called a cystoscopy will show any problems such as inflammation, fistula or chronic infection. These can be treated. If nothing shows up (again, like many of us), you may have a condition such as irritable bladder or interstitial cystitis. These often seem to go along with IBS. They are a huge pain in the rear, but not life-threatening. So don't be petrified, just make an appointment for an evaluation.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts