·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That would explain trapped gas rigth?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes I feel that I also have a knot in the bowel, but I think its just tension. I found that I have to try very hard to relax to help ease that "knot" and most days it does not go away til I go to sleep. I am now taking colpermin tablets to see if it would ease it. Thanks for sharing that info and good to know we don't suffer alone. God Bless. Mary

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to know why deep sleep releive the "knot".Colpermin is a good spasms and nausea breaker.The Heather peppermint didn't works as well for unknown reason.

·
Registered
232 Posts
quote:Originally posted by SpAsMaN*:I would like to know why deep sleep releive the "knot".Colpermin is a good spasms and nausea breaker.The Heather peppermint didn't works as well for unknown reason.
Spasman. I think that perhaps deep sleep or ordinary sleep would make the gut less tense and it might unravel. What I think is making my gut feel like its tightened up into a knot is not dietary issues, as I have tried various diets and keeping food journals, and I cannot pin point any foods as a trigger for this to be happening so often, so at this stage I am beginning to think that it may be emotional tension or stress. I had a very stressful event in my life before ibs started, and I think possibly that I will take a long time to unwind, as perhaps that's the cause of the knotted feeling, as I know I am more tense than I am aware of, so am working hard on that one. Thanks for your reply and hope you're well. Mary

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eric,so you think it is choatic contraction instead of bowel knots?I would like to see it LIVE!Is it possible?

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I think if you had a bowel knot you would be in the hospital.Yes there are altered contractions. Gas can build up behind the contractions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.