Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just... really annoying and frustrating.I can't figure out what causes it - or rather, why it's happening? What's the body doing?I often go a bit... then I know there's more there, and think it's going to continue, but it just doesn't finish, then I'll go again later, or the next day... or even a day after that. It just doesn't make sense, it's right there - just not moving.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Sometimes it is just the rectum is hypersensitive and sends off gotta go signals when you do not need to go.Sometimes people have an over active colon so even though it delivered one batch to the end for disposal it doesn't calm down and keeps pushing stuff to the end so instead of going 1 time and being done you'll go several times in a short amount of time.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I feel like that all the time,always feel there is something there,even if i have managed to go.Very uncomfortable feeling and i feel bloated all the time.Been told not to strain as it is not good for me,but it is so uncomfortable when there is something in your rectum all the time.I do try at times not to strain but it is difficult and i need to stop it as i am making myself ill.Incomplete evacuation is just awful!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
This has to be one of the worse symptoms of IBS and if there was a way to deal with this it would make sufferers lives much more comfortable,in my opinion.I was managing my IBS successfully for a number of years because I was able to evacuate my bowel every morning,it was a case of 'over' evacuating it as it was an awful lot of matter but it calmed my bowel down most days and allowed me to go to work and live reasonably normally.It seems that now the payback with taking my current drug,loperamide,the problem is a sluggish bowel in the morning and a more uncomfortable lifestyle all around.The joys of this illness eh!

·
Registered
722 Posts
IBS symptoms are one living nightmare!I have been on and tried every medication going for ibs including all the alternative routes you can try also.Nothing has helped,but i try not to give up,keep on looking for that miracle cure!if only!I am not taking any medication at the moment,only paracetamol for pain,although that does not really help.I am to scared to take anything due to collapsing a month ago due to side effects,thinking about maybe trying Homeopathy again in the New Year.I am so bloated and uncomfortable today due to rectum being full but BM just will not happen.Its just stuck there,dont know why as it is soft and should pass easily.Happy Days!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think it is caused by the abnormal contractions of someone with IBS so basically it doesn't squeeze the waste all a long at once. I am suffering terribly atm, though I have other problems and it could be related to some kind of pelvic floor issue, but I am only able to feel like I have emptied properly after using a sappositary. I often go several times for small bits and I just never feel like I can go properly. It is a horrible thing to suffer with, to which I have found no cure. You should visit your doctor if you are particularly worried.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts