Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been suffering with ibs and constipation for as long as i can remeber. I'm confused though about if I'm IBS C or D or if I am just a freak on top of it all.When things are good I'm usually just constipated for 6 days and poop a bit. This usually goes on for months. Once or twice a year though I get so violently ill out of the blue. I'll start sweating and within a minuet of that happening I'll be in EXTREME pain going to the washroom non stop and occasionally throwing up at the same time until I pass out. Its such a terrifying experience I never want to leave my house because I don't know when it will happen! Does this happen to anyone else? Is it just because of build up? I drank a bottle of citromag last month even though I had mostly diarrhea- except for the two weeks and I got painfully, painfully sick like that so I'm not even sure. I think getting sick like this is usually triggered by really greasy restaurant food or chocolate which I've been told I'm allergic too becuase of it. I eat this stuff tons of other times and am fine though so I'm at a loss. Anyways thanks for reading, hopefully you guys have some advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually IBS doesn't include vomiting until you pass out. Severe diarrhea can be a part as well as severe pain but not severe vomiting (although some people find they also feel nauseated when they are constipated or have diarrhea)Often when severe diarrhea comes with severe vomiting I tend to look at a GI bug or food poisoning. Maybe a histamine reaction (some fish like tuna can create a lot of histamine if they sit a bit too long before being canned).http://www.michiganallergy.com/food_and_histamine.shtmlNow sometimes IBS (cramping and for some people even a normal BM) can trigger the vagus nerve and lead to being light headed, nauseated (and that may make you vomit) and some people will go into a full faint from that. It isn't a part of IBS, but it can be triggered by IBS and it can make people feel a lot more ill than you get with just regular IBS symptoms.Some people can have allergies be a bit more random rather than every single time you eat something. It may be at certain times you are more reactive (like when a pollen you are allergic to is common you may be more sensitive to things you are only mildly allergic to because you are already reacting to other things). However usually if you are fine 95% of the time when you eat large quantities of something and only react 5% of the time I would say you aren't allergic to it and it is getting the blame for something else. Especially if you eat whatever it is fairly regularly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont throw up much anymore and if i have the urdge to i think i just hold it on. Oddly when i took citromag and got really sick like that i felt like i was going to throw up then too. Its pretty confusing and since its IBS trigger foods that seem to set me off I don't think its an allergy. Sometimes i dont feel like im going to throw up and just passout from the exaustion of so much pain and Dthanks love

1 - 3 of 3 Posts