Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I can control my IBS with diet and i find if half my diet is IBS the other half can be regular. I can drink coffee and pop and everything.How 'bout you?Hugs,Jane.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
hi jane and welcome
i guess i have now got a case of mild ibs , but it was not always like that, before i was diagnosed i had constant d, i am convinced my stress was making my ibs worse.. Things 5 yrs ago were awful, lot of problems health wise, and my sanity took a bruising... plus a messy divorce.. it all adds up..In my life now im a lot more settled with a new partner sure we have rows which can be very explosive (happy to say no violence) my ibs has settled down tremendously not so much problems ok still a few but getting there slowly, some peeps think stress does not affect ibs, in my case ill disagree.. I can drink one cup of coffee a day, i dont drink pop never really have done, i have normal bowel movements, spasms are not so much a regular thing now.. to be honest my ibs is fine, one thing driving me nuts is constant indigestion, due to a build up of acid reflux, my doc is positive my ibs is not causing it, so i have to take her word for that.. im glad you are also getting on ok with your ibs.. were you d or c ? I think we are lucky unlike some on here who you really feel for..

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too consider myself very lucky with this. I believe I've a mild case of it too. For me, acupuncture has helped with my stress, as well as eliminating caffeine completely from my diet. I think what is difficult is finding out what your triggers are to help control your IBS. It has been only a 7 month process for me, which makes me believe that my case is very mild compared to many on this board.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes i believe mine is quite mild especially after reading how bad it can be for others. I wouldnt think myself lucky though as IBS can still control parts of my life but I can prevent it most of the time by not having certain foods and drinks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine is mild now that I've discovered my triggers. And worked on other physical problems that were adding to the IBS-CI don't know anyone with IBS like I have - I get IBS-C, but waiting further up in my gut is gas and IBS-D. The pain would get so bad I'd pass out and my family kept taking me to the emergency roomThe IBS-D I can deal with - I just wait it out. It was/is the IBS-C that would make me real sick.'shana

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.