Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so cheerful & happy yesterday. No pain, gas or cramps at all. Now that I am taking Zelnorm I was happy to feel some improvement now. I got rid of the terrible headache and basically thought everything would be fine after all. This was the first day after a very long time that I felt confident again. Well, I guess I was wrong. I had major cramps & gas today, looked like a pregnant woman and had to break up my grocery shopping due to attacks. (Back to normal.) How can you have no symptoms one day and everything you did not wish for the very next day?I just don't understand how I can feel from super good to really nasty within 24 hours.
Do you have similar experiences? Thanks again.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The only advice I can offer is keep track of when it happens. Like I am noticing symptoms of anxiety are worse during my PMS time. Keep track of what you ate too. There could be a pattern somewhere that you don't realize.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The only advice I can offer is keep track of when it happens. Like I am noticing symptoms of anxiety are worse during my PMS time. Keep track of what you ate too. There could be a pattern somewhere that you don't realize.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I go through the same thing. Usually I will have a bought of bad days that lasts 2 or 3 days and then I get about a week of normalcy.I am not sure why this happens. My doctor tells me that IBS is like a cancer that goes into remission. Sometimes it is there and sometimes it isn't. Well, I guess it is always there but sometimes it isn't driving me CRAZY. Also, my doctor mentioned that a lot of people have symptoms only on the weekends because the stress and business of a normal Monday through Friday week can keep you and your brain occupied and as soon as you are allowed to relax your brain and process and think you start to actually feel your stress. This is true for me. I often experience more symptoms on the weeks, especially on Sundays if I have a big week ahead. Carly

·
Registered
295 Posts
I go through the same thing. Usually I will have a bought of bad days that lasts 2 or 3 days and then I get about a week of normalcy.I am not sure why this happens. My doctor tells me that IBS is like a cancer that goes into remission. Sometimes it is there and sometimes it isn't. Well, I guess it is always there but sometimes it isn't driving me CRAZY. Also, my doctor mentioned that a lot of people have symptoms only on the weekends because the stress and business of a normal Monday through Friday week can keep you and your brain occupied and as soon as you are allowed to relax your brain and process and think you start to actually feel your stress. This is true for me. I often experience more symptoms on the weeks, especially on Sundays if I have a big week ahead. Carly

G

·
Achtung - I wish I knew - that seems to be at the very heart of this condition (similar in that way to MS which a friend of mine is unlucky enough to have and boy does that put my symptoms into some kind of proportion). I think its so related to your mind set on a particular day. I had some terrible news - actually things are better than I thought they'd be (close friend - poss terminal cancer - turns out its benign) and had days of absolutely hideous bloating, pain after BM, shaky panic attack - like symptoms then a really good day today. I seem to be worse in the mornings first thing then when the day gets " underway" particularly the 2 days I'm at work, my mind goes onto other things and the IBS takes at least a back seat. Know what I mean, I think we have to acknowledge that and enjoy the good times as much as possible and when things look bleak - cling onto the fact that things will get better!!Hang in thereSue, Manchester

G

·
Achtung - I wish I knew - that seems to be at the very heart of this condition (similar in that way to MS which a friend of mine is unlucky enough to have and boy does that put my symptoms into some kind of proportion). I think its so related to your mind set on a particular day. I had some terrible news - actually things are better than I thought they'd be (close friend - poss terminal cancer - turns out its benign) and had days of absolutely hideous bloating, pain after BM, shaky panic attack - like symptoms then a really good day today. I seem to be worse in the mornings first thing then when the day gets " underway" particularly the 2 days I'm at work, my mind goes onto other things and the IBS takes at least a back seat. Know what I mean, I think we have to acknowledge that and enjoy the good times as much as possible and when things look bleak - cling onto the fact that things will get better!!Hang in thereSue, Manchester

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
IBS, has to do with neurotransmitters in our bodies and how they singal back and forth from our digestive systems to our brains.This is why Zelnorm was created in the first place, to bloack the action of serotonin in your digestive system.This is also why IBS waxes and wanes sometims and there are good and bad days, or why pain can come and go so quickly or not so quickly.One reason it is worse in the nornings also is because of a stress hormone called cortisol, which helps wake us up and get going, but also effects the digestive system.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
IBS, has to do with neurotransmitters in our bodies and how they singal back and forth from our digestive systems to our brains.This is why Zelnorm was created in the first place, to bloack the action of serotonin in your digestive system.This is also why IBS waxes and wanes sometims and there are good and bad days, or why pain can come and go so quickly or not so quickly.One reason it is worse in the nornings also is because of a stress hormone called cortisol, which helps wake us up and get going, but also effects the digestive system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I understand how frustrating it is to have good days and bad days. It feels so out of your control, like your body belongs to someone or something other than you. I have had about 4 good days now (3 or 4), but I cant really predict. Part of that is my fault of not consistently keeping a diary of food, and D days around my period. I know it would make life a lot easier to find a pattern. I hate that the symptoms before an attack vary so much, such as chills, queasiness, intense fatigue, drop in blood pressure with increased heart rate, and the other day I was very dizzy. Its always different. Sometimes it passes like a storm within a couple of hours and other times lasts for days. Its a matter of living in spite of it and not letting it control us. Easier said than done. I have had every test in the world and they were negative, so I can safely say I have IBS. Also does anyone have Endometriosis? I read than Endo on the bowels can mimic IBS. Also I agree that sometimes the intense fatigue and other symptoms does hit when you finally have time to sit and feel the stress. I wish everyone the best, and minimal discomfort at this crazy time of year. This site is a Godsend!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I understand how frustrating it is to have good days and bad days. It feels so out of your control, like your body belongs to someone or something other than you. I have had about 4 good days now (3 or 4), but I cant really predict. Part of that is my fault of not consistently keeping a diary of food, and D days around my period. I know it would make life a lot easier to find a pattern. I hate that the symptoms before an attack vary so much, such as chills, queasiness, intense fatigue, drop in blood pressure with increased heart rate, and the other day I was very dizzy. Its always different. Sometimes it passes like a storm within a couple of hours and other times lasts for days. Its a matter of living in spite of it and not letting it control us. Easier said than done. I have had every test in the world and they were negative, so I can safely say I have IBS. Also does anyone have Endometriosis? I read than Endo on the bowels can mimic IBS. Also I agree that sometimes the intense fatigue and other symptoms does hit when you finally have time to sit and feel the stress. I wish everyone the best, and minimal discomfort at this crazy time of year. This site is a Godsend!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.