Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have IBS-D.To cure this I decided to keep a health diary to track my health.I heard that this really helps people to understand what is good or bad for them. They can revise their habits.http://0healthjournal.blogspot.com is where I keep a diary.Currently, I write it everyday and I record my weight measure just after I woke up, what food I ate, exercise or sexual activities I did, how I felt on that day, how was my IBS was, etc.If there is someone who's been keeping this kind of health journal then please let me know how I can write more informative and useful diary.Thank you.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi mustovercome this is a great start you did to beating your IBS-D
il help and share how i beat my IBS-Das for your foods i used to not beable to eat a single bite of broccoli or fatty meats with out geting horrible gas all day long. but then i removed the carbohydrates from my diet and it was like magic i could eat as much broccoli and fatty meat as i wanted with no problems and no gas at all. so becareful of what foods you combind like corn flakes will not mix with broccoli or fatty meat and broccoli and fatty meat is more nourishing than corn flakes so you should quit the corn flakes.and at the moment your stomach is damaged and that is why tough meat is a problem but you are going to need meat and fat to heal a damaged stomach so try to prepare them in a way that will be less stressful on your stomach. and even if it causes a slight discomfort do not worry because all solid foods cause a slight discomfort on a damaged stomach.and sexual activities as in masterbate i remember back when my stomach was damaged i could not masterbate at all with out it causeing my stomach to get upset. but now that my stomach is healthy i can masterbate every few or so days with no problems. but don't do it everyday it drains to much energy and such.anyways here is my diet i don't suffer from my IBS-D at all anymore it is 100% managed through my diet :)scroll down to the bottom of the posts at this link to see my diethttp://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?/topic/119213-cant-seem-to-be-able-to-enjoy-any-nice-food/also read what's on page 2 as well i updated it a little made it easier to read.also what is the medicine prescribed by your doctor? vitamins and drugs can really upset the stomach just like food so if you were going to follow my diet i would need to know first what is the medicine your takeing.anyways take care

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi mustovercome this is a great start you did to beating your IBS-D
il help and share how i beat my IBS-Das for your foods i used to not beable to eat a single bite of broccoli or fatty meats with out geting horrible gas all day long. but then i removed the carbohydrates from my diet and it was like magic i could eat as much broccoli and fatty meat as i wanted with no problems and no gas at all. so becareful of what foods you combind like corn flakes will not mix with broccoli or fatty meat and broccoli and fatty meat is more nourishing than corn flakes so you should quit the corn flakes.and at the moment your stomach is damaged and that is why tough meat is a problem but you are going to need meat and fat to heal a damaged stomach so try to prepare them in a way that will be less stressful on your stomach. and even if it causes a slight discomfort do not worry because all solid foods cause a slight discomfort on a damaged stomach.and sexual activities as in masterbate i remember back when my stomach was damaged i could not masterbate at all with out it causeing my stomach to get upset. but now that my stomach is healthy i can masterbate every few or so days with no problems. but don't do it everyday it drains to much energy and such.anyways here is my diet i don't suffer from my IBS-D at all anymore it is 100% managed through my diet :)scroll down to the bottom of the posts at this link to see my diethttp://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?/topic/119213-cant-seem-to-be-able-to-enjoy-any-nice-food/also read what's on page 2 as well i updated it a little made it easier to read.also what is the medicine prescribed by your doctor? vitamins and drugs can really upset the stomach just like food so if you were going to follow my diet i would need to know first what is the medicine your takeing.anyways take care
Hmmm, can't say I often eat broccoli with cornflakes, lol. But seriously, I just started keeping a diary yesterday. I'm wondering how far back I need to look when I have an episode to see what might have been the trigger? Someone on another thread here said 2 days and I guess that sounds about right. Also, I never thought about masturbation having an effect, though I do make note of where I am in my menstrual cycle in my diary. Maybe I should start keeping track of sexual activity (if you can really call it that) too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.