Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know, i never have any pain, just lots of gas, i just suddenly get attacks to go. Usually when i'm no where near a bathroom, I usually trigger my own movement. This is very frustrating knowing that if i think of the fact "will i get an attack" well then 99% it's coming within 5 minutes.ferrarihead###hotmail.com

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It's important if your bowel habits have changed recently that you get checked out by a doctor. They do a lot of tests to rule out other diseases before making a diagnosis of IBS because so many other things have similar symptoms. It's possible that feeling the stress of thinking about an attack of D can in fact trigger an attack, which probably isn't uncommon in IBS (I've done that myself once or twice); but I highly recommend seeing a gastroenterologist to confirm any diagnosis.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It's important if your bowel habits have changed recently that you get checked out by a doctor. They do a lot of tests to rule out other diseases before making a diagnosis of IBS because so many other things have similar symptoms. It's possible that feeling the stress of thinking about an attack of D can in fact trigger an attack, which probably isn't uncommon in IBS (I've done that myself once or twice); but I highly recommend seeing a gastroenterologist to confirm any diagnosis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.