Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,I'm 19, College Student, and my doctor just diagnosd me with GERD during an upper GI.I am going to see him on Friday to talk about it, but there are some things I would like to know:I have GERD, so why am I having chronic constipation and incomplete evacuation. Shouldn't I be having Diahhieriah!?Why did he say not to take Milk of Magnesia more than once a week, its a safe laxative?Thanks for the help,Matt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Matt,I never heard of having GERD with constipation.Also, you don't necesarily have diarehhia with GERD either.Are you on medication that would cause D or C?I can't answer about the Milk of Mag. I thought it was a safe medicine. Let us no what the Dr. says/Good Luck and hang in there

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cindy,Its strange that I have chronic constipation but I always thought I had IBS-C, and the doctor just diagnosed me with GERD.He told me today that it wasn't that bad, and I am going to start taking medication for it.Its strange that I have never even realized that I had any form of reflux, and stranger still that I rarely ever throw up.I am going to try MOM this weekend and see the results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.