Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have suffered with what I now know is IBS for over 20 years. My mother took me to the doctor as a child and after many tests I was told I had nervous stomach. As an adult, the symptoms have gotten so much worse. Everytime I have talked with a doctor about all the D problems I have, they give me a funny look and ask if I have too much stress. The only relief I've found is from extensive reading on IBS, but I still have problems. Would I get more help from a doctor and how do I find one that doesn't just dismiss this problem?Thank you for this BB. It has helped so much to read that I am not the only one who "prepares" to go into the world or travel because I always need a bathroom!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
LP: This is a great BB to read and chat on. You will find great stuff here and a lot of friends who understand. I read your personals and we have everything in common. However, I am only substitute teaching now. I love watching golf (I have played miniature golf - PuttPutt and was really good once.)and I love watching Tiger Woods play and Greg Norman and Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer...I know a little, right?Well, about a doctor. You have to go search for one that understands about IBS. Take your phonebook and call one after the other until you find one that deals with IBS. And it also depends on your insurance. Don't get me started with that one!Welcome aboard, LP! Love your name; reminds me of records. I am a musician!Where are you from?AMFE-mail me if you will. I would love to talk to you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And LP: I am also decorating and remodeling my house even though IBS troubles and Colon problems and depression has slowed things down. We really have lots in common. E-mail me.AMF (Anastasia)Oh, and we are all good friends on this board; we are a special family and if you read enough; you will feel like you have another family.I ramble too.AMF

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
LP - I know what you mean. I also had an insentive doctor - luck of the draw, I guess, I have found a wonderful doctor now! All I can say, is don't give up until you do find a good doctor - they are out there - some of them really are understanding and helpful with our condition - just keep searching. Good luck - hope you find as good a doctor as I have - and soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.