Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother is looking for a Doctor in Montreal that will be more understanding and is more educated on IBS. All the doctors she has seen so far have just dismissed her "Try to control your stress and take fiber . . . ". It would be great if she could find a decent doctor in the Montreal (Quebec, Canada) area. Also anyone know of any support groups in the same area?Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
158 Posts
hello!!!!!, i'm from montreal as well!, but i can not help you because i do not know either if there is any suport groupes here,all i know is if i need to talk to somebody i call the CLSC the nurses are really nice, but we can be pen pals,because i have IBS and also GYNO problemes, so just reply and tell me more about your self
sabrina

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there - I live in Washington State but I am from Montreal and my mother lives in Montreal - she is the one with IBS terrible! I feel like I have it too because I feel so bad for her. She has had it for two years but does not have it under control at all. The doctors in Montreal that she has seen do not seem to know anything about the disease so if you have any ideas that would be great! My mother will be buying a computer, I keep bugging her to get on this website because it has great for me, I pass all the information onto her!Thanks for replying and if we find a good doctor we will let you know!

·
Registered
158 Posts
oh well forget it the doctors here suck, they donot know anything about IBS and the last time i had to tell my doctor i had IBS,because they did not see anything in my test when i would go get it cheek out they like to say "its all in your head" thank god i had a good GYNO doctor that told me about IBS and so on... but if your moms gets a computer i can help her i have great advice on controling my IBS

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Sabrina, Tell us all how you control your IBSIt might be of benefit to some of us too. We allare looking for answers. Thanks,

·
Registered
158 Posts
well i got this book not so long ago, hold on let me get the title for you,ok its call"IBS & the mind -body-brain-gut connection," its by a gastroenterologist his name is william.B salt M.D, i posted it up somewere before on the board, anyways i had IBS since 17 years old and now i'm 25,In april i was on antiboitics that trigger my IBS really bad,so i hade enough of the pain , and i said to my self there must be something i can do about it,so i pick my self up, and i got info by my GYNO and this book,now remember the way i control my IBS might not work for you, but if it could help that would be great....1-in the book it says to relax,2 weeks ago i was going to have a IBS attact and when i was sitting on the toilette i simple try to relax bread in and out,and to tell my self i feel no pain, and i was able to over come it and the pain.so for relaxation i take 10 minutes before i got to bed i lay down on my back and bread in and out very natural,and in the morning when i go to the bathroom i go and no more pain.2-what help alot as well, is i write down what can"trigger" my IBS like foods and drinks. i will take one side the good things and one side the bad things, and i try to replace what i can not eat with something i can,the only thing that suck in all of that is you got to try to food to see what happends,but if you know a couple of things that can "trigger" you IBS write it down,ex:i use ti drink tons of milk and i dont anymore so i drink chocolat soyamilk"silk" wicht is really good, and i'm suprise because i'm very hard to please!!anyways that's what i mean..3-and for women well make sure you go see your GYNO, because my IBS started becaus ei had a cyst on my ovarie at 17 that was 20cm big, big like a football,and it push my uterus back on my intestines, i got it remore but my uterus is back there,so everytime i have my period it hurts a little more,but i go really well to the bathroom these days my IBS is under control4-ask your doctor if there is a pill you can take, when i can not stand the pain anymore i have pills to control my spames in my intestine it put my intestines right to sleep,take away the cramps'the name is"bentylol" it has help me as well its a pain saver,it works for me, but i know it dosent work for everybody from what i heard... 5-i really think you sould get the book it tells you everything and from that you can go your own way and see what is good for you!!
i hope that help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the information, I will contact the support group immediately!Sabrina - do you use any fiber supplements? My mother has tried Metamucil without success, flaxseed seems to overwork her bowels, she is now going to try Citrucel.thanks again everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts