Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Well I just went to the doctor's today. I feel like my doctor doesn't care :-( Feel like I'm thrown between my doctor and my GI. Like my GI won't listen to me (won't even let me describe my symptoms. Goes exclusively by test results). So I went to my doctor's today to explain to her about my constipation. I used to be predominantly D but now have switched to C. I swing between C and D. I do not get the type of C where I do not go to the bathroom for over a day. I get the type where I do go, but they are dry feces, and my body cramps up when my body tries to expel them, and I often experience my temperature rising and I tend to get to the point where I collapse. I have started taking a stool softener called docusate sodium to prevent the stools from getting that dry, and causing the cramping. I have taken it for 3 days so far, and it is keeping all the food moving, so my anxiety of having a cramping attack and collapsing are reduced now. I am going to try reintroducing some food back in while taking the docusate sodium as I have less fear now. Anyone ever take docusate sodium for long periods of time? My doctor said it is fairly safe. Genie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.