Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 26 years old and pretty much have had IBS-D for most of my life; from what I can remember. I just found this web site only a couple of weeks ago and have been reading alot of what others have been going through. Its scaring me! I thought that I had IBS-D really bad, until I've read some stories. My question is, does this get worse with age? I've noticed that I can have a cup of coffee sometimes, and than other days it will trigger the D. I have been dieting for about 3 months now and I've noticed that eating healthier and slowly will help. I was going to start taking Calcium Suppliments to help regulate all this, but wasn't sure if anyone had any bad side effects. Any info will help. Thank you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its been said that IBS begins to manifest itself around 18, 19. It was true for me, and my sister who recently got diagnosed. I always had a sensitive stomach growing up, but my IBS began to inhibit my choices chronically around 19 years old.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I am 55 years old. Have had IBS since I was around 12 years old. Less was known about IBS then and it did get worse as I got older. BUT since coming to this site and learning more, my IBS is very controllable now. There are more foods that I react to, but I have learned how to recognize and deal with that. So the symphtoms are diminshed and I have learned how to handle it. SO over all, feeling much better now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.