Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 7 years ago I had taken heavy antibiotics (Cipro) which triggered horrible IBS that was soon followed by an anal fissure. The fissure healed over time, but I remained with pain around the anus and general pelvic pain ever since. Pain and burning following bowel movements as well. I often see bright red blood over my stools, but never on the toilet paper itself.

On top of that, it appears my sphincter doesn't function the way it used to. I always have incomplete bowel movements, anal leakage, and difficulty passing gas. I can't voluntarily squeeze my sphincter very tight, but the little bit that I can, I feel something unusual at the back of the anus (the side facing the tailbone).

I don't know what i'm feeling at the back of the anus, whether it's residual scar tissue, abscess, inflammation... But I'm convinced something is not normal back there.

The thing is I've had an MRI of the pelvis and the radiologist didn't report anything unusual. When I go to my colorectal doctor he uses the anoscope and tells me everything looks normal and sends me on my way.

Have I exhausted all my options or is there more testing that can be done? Also the skin around the anus, from the tailbone all the way up the perineum and scrotum is very red. I don't know if that could indicate a fungal infection of some sort? But i'm out of ideas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Red skin means an irritation, which could be caused by an infection as well. The reason could be a physical contact as well, but if it didn't happen, then there are some chances that the redness is showing that your body is fighting against some external photogenic. You could take some antibiotics like Flucan 150 mg, if you're sure that you got an infection. If you're not sure, just visit a doctor first to see what causes the redness, and only then take the medicine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts