Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i burp since i wake up.after eating i burp a lot and it bothers my heart i feel strange things in it. i also feel pain from the gases that gets trapped in my chest.i want to know does anybody else feel this? please help me thanks anyta

·
Registered
29 Posts
I do on occasion. I get gas buildup under my heart and it skips beats. Gas X stops it and the night time tylenol relaxes me while I sleep and after two or three nights of taking them I am fine. I find my upper gas easy to control. Just avoid foods that are gassy, there are good otc products to control the gas and try to relax so the gas can escape easier. I still have spells of the upper gas but It doesn't bother me as much.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have been getting an awful lot of gas lately too, but not eating things I haven't before or that are particularly gas producing. I never used to belch or anything else and now I always feel the need to belch, but sometimes it doesn't happen. I get horrible chest pressure too and my heart feels as if it skips a beat or 2. I have never tried gas X, I'm not sure if we have it up here. Anyone else have any suggestions?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sharon,I have tried Gas X but it doesn't work on me.I have try so many things but until now I don't find nothing that helps me.It is terrible and most in my case where I suffer also from Mitral valve Prolapse making the gas caused missed heart beats that scares me to death.I have to burp to get relieve.Is this your case too?Please let me knowThanksAnyita

·
Registered
202 Posts
Anyita, I haven't been checked thoroughly for that, but it sounds like I'm the same way. I get my heart skipping a beat and I'm scared to death. But it does go away. I just hate the feeling. But I know it's not my heart because I'm fine afterwards, can exercise and everything else. I just wish it would go away.

G

·
you might have a motility problem, stomach isn't emptying fast enough or a hiatal hernia. you should get an upper barium to see if you have a hiatal hernia. then you could move onto motility studies i suppose - but its hard to get those done.i tend to burp a bit too - not as much as you - i also get really really bad chest pressure - but seems to be coming from my colon instead of my stomach. to me it sounds like your stomach is not emptying or perhaps its spasming and might be putting some pressure on your heart? i don't think this is dangerous. good thing it eventually goes away!if you are eating peppermint or chamomile that could also be causing the problem - avoid like the plague!

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:i burp since i wake up
Could you have an x-ray as soon this happens?
quote: i also feel pain from the gases that gets trapped in my chest.
It doesn't sound like gas, but diffuse esophageal spasm.
quote:now I always feel the need to belch, but sometimes it doesn't happen
Where's the gas?

G

·
i get that feeling too - of needing to belch but it not happening or like the burp is caught in the middle of happening - and then you feel like a little pocket of air is there. i think it is an esophageal spasm and disordered motility in the esophagus. probably similar to whats going on in the rest of the digestive tract. its like when the colon senses a little bit of gas and then works hard to get it out, but doesn't really follow through. to me it feels like an interrupted wave. and although there IS gas behind the belch and fart, its probably a small amount. does this ring as true for anyone else?i get this the WORST when i'm taking peppermint - which seems to throw off my motility BIg time! its almost as if the spasming is still there, but there is never any full spasm to bring things to fruition. its like living in a state of mid burp and mid fart. HORRIBLE! makes you really appreciate the complex function of guts that do produce these perfect waves to get gas and food out without the person even knowing it. i bow down to the Digestion God!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.