Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed if I eat some fried foods, it gets things moving. Like today, I think I will have eggplant, which is fried and a vegetable, by tomorrow morning, I will go.Anyone else feel this? If so, what works for you?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I personally haven't noticed that with fried foods, although that does get things moving for a lot of people. What gets things moving for me is a lot of fresh fruit, like melon, cherries, those types of things.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I personally haven't noticed that with fried foods, although that does get things moving for a lot of people. What gets things moving for me is a lot of fresh fruit, like melon, cherries, those types of things.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Foods with high fat contents can get things moving. The risk of this is they can also cause spasms and pain.avocadossunflower seedsfried foodsmeat with fatare some------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Foods with high fat contents can get things moving. The risk of this is they can also cause spasms and pain.avocadossunflower seedsfried foodsmeat with fatare some------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forum.I work with Mike building his websites. www.ibsaudioprogram and www.healthyaudio.com I also work with Mike in IBS clinical trials using Mikes tapes at an IBS research facility.My own website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com Please visit for accurate information on IBS.

G

·
Although I am usually D, when the occasional C happens, one trip to McDonald's, esp. getting a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and I am on my way to the bathroom shortly. Works every time.I am definitely not saying this is a healthy method, but for C on an infrequent basis, it works like a charm.Rusty

G

·
Although I am usually D, when the occasional C happens, one trip to McDonald's, esp. getting a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and I am on my way to the bathroom shortly. Works every time.I am definitely not saying this is a healthy method, but for C on an infrequent basis, it works like a charm.Rusty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today I had two fried haddocks in batter and within an hour I was quite nauseated and had diahorrea. I'm both IBS-c and -d, but more -c than -d and don't normally eat fried food. Is this "normal" for IBS sufferers?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today I had two fried haddocks in batter and within an hour I was quite nauseated and had diahorrea. I'm both IBS-c and -d, but more -c than -d and don't normally eat fried food. Is this "normal" for IBS sufferers?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Many people with IBS find fried food triggers symptoms, mostly diarrhea.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Many people with IBS find fried food triggers symptoms, mostly diarrhea.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Years ago when I used to get horrid bouts of C I would force a semi-D bout by eating something fatty, usually a burger or fried chicken or maybe a salad with a load of ranch dressing. It hurt sooooo bad but at the time I just wanted the C to stop. Those bouts would actually make me sweat! Sometimes just drinking iced tea with sugar would trigger a bout, too. The bouts were usually loose and in huge amounts because it would be days and days worth of backup. Now I know that if I get C I just need to take some fiber and eat something with olive oil or flax seed oil and drink a lot of water. My C/D swings haven't been bad like that in a long, long time (knock on wood!) thank goodness.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Years ago when I used to get horrid bouts of C I would force a semi-D bout by eating something fatty, usually a burger or fried chicken or maybe a salad with a load of ranch dressing. It hurt sooooo bad but at the time I just wanted the C to stop. Those bouts would actually make me sweat! Sometimes just drinking iced tea with sugar would trigger a bout, too. The bouts were usually loose and in huge amounts because it would be days and days worth of backup. Now I know that if I get C I just need to take some fiber and eat something with olive oil or flax seed oil and drink a lot of water. My C/D swings haven't been bad like that in a long, long time (knock on wood!) thank goodness.

G

·
Fried foods are one of the trigger foods for IBS They cause stomache pain gerd and bloating and if anything constipation Most doctors don't recommend fried foods for Gerd

G

·
Fried foods are one of the trigger foods for IBS They cause stomache pain gerd and bloating and if anything constipation Most doctors don't recommend fried foods for Gerd

G

·
I'm a D person, and even though I take daily doses of Colestid, if I eat fried anything I will usually have a loose BM within an hour or so. I would be willing to bet that most D people have to stay away from fried foods.

G

·
I'm a D person, and even though I take daily doses of Colestid, if I eat fried anything I will usually have a loose BM within an hour or so. I would be willing to bet that most D people have to stay away from fried foods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts