Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having D problems since April 2000. In the beginning when I had D it would be in the morning within the first hour of waking up and this happened without having breakfast. Over the last 3-4 months D episodes now take place within an hour of having eaten dinner in the evening before 8pm.Thinking about it I think the morning pattern was broken by having a holiday from work so I wasnt up at my usual time and I then became less anxious about D in the morningCould the D in the evening be linked to me thinking about whether or not I will have D during my 'allocated' time.On a few occasions when I was out or involved in something I did not have D then so again it would appear to be in my mind.Do you think if it was cancer that it would behave this way and also in view of the lenght oftime that I have been having these problems.I would welcome anyone's comments or opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
693 Posts
If you do have IBS then your bowels can become really irritable and act up just about any time they want to. Some people do have regular patterns of when they have D etc. others do not. I guess that's not much help but I know with myself things can kick in at anytime whether I'm thinking about it or not. As far as it being a sign of cancer I think only a doctor can tell you that. Have you been to one since this all started ? Good luck ,Lin

·
Registered
693 Posts
If you do have IBS then your bowels can become really irritable and act up just about any time they want to. Some people do have regular patterns of when they have D etc. others do not. I guess that's not much help but I know with myself things can kick in at anytime whether I'm thinking about it or not. As far as it being a sign of cancer I think only a doctor can tell you that. Have you been to one since this all started ? Good luck ,Lin

G

·
Anything can cause D when you have IBS. Worrying about having D can actually cause it. Stress is my number one trigger followed closely by milk products and high fiber foods such as lettuce even eating a heavy meal can cause it.If you haven't been treated by a doctor you probably should be evaluated. If you are worrying about cancer it is even more important to get checked out. Peace of mind might help lessen the D.Shelle

G

·
Anything can cause D when you have IBS. Worrying about having D can actually cause it. Stress is my number one trigger followed closely by milk products and high fiber foods such as lettuce even eating a heavy meal can cause it.If you haven't been treated by a doctor you probably should be evaluated. If you are worrying about cancer it is even more important to get checked out. Peace of mind might help lessen the D.Shelle

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Denise,I have had IBS-D from my late teens until now(45 now) and while there are periods when I can get D-attacks at all hours, the usual bad periods are just after I woke up and within an hour of having had a meal. KMottushad made several posts in which she writes that those are the periods our digestive system is at its most active. I guess that when our bowels are most irritated they will react strongly at the active times. You don't write if you have been diagnosed as having IBS, or if you have had any tests done, if you worry about cancer, or if your symptoms have changed noticeably, the best thing is to see your dr. and get some testing done, to ease your worries. Take care,Fay

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Denise,I have had IBS-D from my late teens until now(45 now) and while there are periods when I can get D-attacks at all hours, the usual bad periods are just after I woke up and within an hour of having had a meal. KMottushad made several posts in which she writes that those are the periods our digestive system is at its most active. I guess that when our bowels are most irritated they will react strongly at the active times. You don't write if you have been diagnosed as having IBS, or if you have had any tests done, if you worry about cancer, or if your symptoms have changed noticeably, the best thing is to see your dr. and get some testing done, to ease your worries. Take care,Fay

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Denise, bowel movements are stimulated by eating - for about half an hour (I think) after eating a meal. This is a normal response. Perhaps in your case the IBS attack after your evening meal is a strong IBS response rather than a normal mild response?------------------susanIBS D/C type & M.E/CFS

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Denise, bowel movements are stimulated by eating - for about half an hour (I think) after eating a meal. This is a normal response. Perhaps in your case the IBS attack after your evening meal is a strong IBS response rather than a normal mild response?------------------susanIBS D/C type & M.E/CFS

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi DeniseI have simalar symtoms to Fay, where as i get terrible D for around 2/3 hours after waking, but then eases off after i take an Immodium. I also suffer bad D sometimes after a meal, especially if i eat certain vegatables. I was diagnosed with IBS some 10 years ago and am still suffering pretty badley, you first move is to see your GP and get checked out. I realy hope you don`t have IBS. Good Luck........Rob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi DeniseI have simalar symtoms to Fay, where as i get terrible D for around 2/3 hours after waking, but then eases off after i take an Immodium. I also suffer bad D sometimes after a meal, especially if i eat certain vegatables. I was diagnosed with IBS some 10 years ago and am still suffering pretty badley, you first move is to see your GP and get checked out. I realy hope you don`t have IBS. Good Luck........Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.