Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I try to follow an IBS diet I end up with more D, if I order sweet and sour chicken and two egg rolls, I'm fine. Some types of fat do bother me, but for the most part it seems like salads, and other healthy foods are what give me a problem
Although I can eat the SAME thing on two different days and have two totally different reactions.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know what you're saying. I take calcium carbonate twice a day which for the first two weeks was great but now sometimes I'll get diarrhea for no reason. I also keep a food diary too. I'll eat plain pasta and get daiarrhea for no reason. And then on a different day pasta is fine. I hate this IBS! So, I'm at a loss. Sometimes I can eat popcorn and french fries and get nothing.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS does have a tendancy in some people to wax and wane so sometimes foods are OK on a good IBS day and not OK on a bad IBS day.Sometimes other things are the triggers not the food, and that can make it harder to figure out if you just look at diet for why one day is different from another.A lot of people seem to have problems with raw veggies and fruits. You could try to see if you tolerate things better when cooked rather than raw in a salad.K.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you familiar with the difference between soluble and insoluble fiber? Insoluble fiber is grains, especially bran, and many veggies, healthy stuff, but stuff that is hard to digest. Even though it's "healthy" it can cause an attack. Soluble fiber is regular pasta, white bread, easy to digest stuff.Have you checked out Heather Van Vorous's books or website. ...com She has lists of specific triggers and a diet that has worked wonders for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I feel better for about an hour, as I have a bad tendancy to stress eat, and those end up being "bad foods" in my regime... Nothing like letting up a bit of stress with a milk shake, then running for the loo right afterwards.
After a few nights ago, I've decided food is a tease. it like to give (ah, ice cream), and take a way (ice cream the next day, lol).

·
Registered
482 Posts
i get the same im fine with sweet and sour chinese chicken, if it wouldnt make me fat i would eat it every meal.... cant have rice and dont tolerate alot of starches whether ornot they are soluble.i have funny time with food too like last week wanted spag bol. and was fine went to uni next day no immodium had it last night *bang* IBS D 12times this morning couldnt goto uni, yet ate the same both days same brands too... IBS is a funny thing

·
Registered
3 Posts
drs for years have told me what to eat and what not to well they wre always wrong. I found that the best is chicken rice egg noodles with light butter and well things that are light like that. To drink i always stuck to water and ice tea they never seemed to bother me either

·
Registered
441 Posts
The "what to eat" dilema is compounded by the fact that we don't REALLY know what causes our bowels to react...the stuff we just ate, or what we ate hours ago..or even the day before.There have been many threads on the above topic.Our instinct is to think if we have explosive urgent diarrhea after eating, that very food caused it. Physiologically, this wouldn't make sense. But, with IBS, what does?Jeanne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts