Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else suffer from this? And how long does it usually take to recover? I have just recently had one of the worst flare ups of my life and it's been 10 days and counting counting and I'm still not feeling right. Intense fatigue, abdominal pains and diarrhoea are the main symptoms. I'm having a colonoscopy on Tuesday to see if there is anything else going on and I'm terrified that they are just going to write me off if they don't find anything. I currently cannot function as a normal human being.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I think it's kind of normal for diarrhea to leave you wiped out. I imagine dehydration is part of it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Catharine85, I am feeling the same right now. I had a really bad flare out if the blue last Tuesday night/Wednesday. Before that sudden event I'd been pretty steady for a month and feeling normal really.

I've felt completely wiped out since. No energy and feel strange even though my gut has *kind of* settled a bit more

Loss of sleep might be part of it, and fasting one day because I couldn't eat.

I am sorry you're going through a really bad long flare up. If they find nothing tangible at your colonoscopy, don't let them get away scot-free! Ask to see someone who is familiar with IBS and all the treatments for it, and a FODMAP dietitian. I wish you well. It's a rough ride, I know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts