Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am new to the group and I was wondering if anyone else had constant pain. I have had IBS-D for years but this is the first time I have had an experience like this. I have a constant, lingering sharp pain in my middle to lower abdomen that is not revealed by anything. It is not the type of pain that alerts me to a sudden BM and is not revealed by a BM either. I have tried peppermint tea or Imodium plus with gas relief. Anyone have any suggestions or similar experiences?? Help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
When my IBS was bad I had constant moderately painful tenderness of the colon every day, all day long, but it was punctuated every day several times a day by extreme pain usually in a few different locations rather than over the whole colon like the tender painful all the time thing was.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had kidney stones as well as IBS-D and the symptoms were a sharp pain that begins at the back and moves around. Most common kidney stones can be disolved and flushed by drinking as much freshly squeezed Lemon juice as you can bare. That's one of the other many annoying things about IBS - if you have another problem it's hard to differentiate between the two. Dunno if this helps but I thought I'd mention it anyway. Good luck to you.Brian

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
GCRy Have you discussed trying an antispasmodic medication with your Dr....?? It might take the edge of it off for you anyway. Ask your Dr about it.Hope you feel better!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I suffer a lot of pain all the time.I have tried antispasmodics and antidepressants,but they did not help,but they are worth a try.I am trying a tens machine at the moment.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have pain like that, it comes and goes throughout the day. I have tried several medications and nothing has worked for the pain and cramping. The only thing that helps me is to try to relax my mind and body as much as possible. Sometimes a warm heating pad helps too. I have just learned to sorta deal with it. It is obvious it is something I am suck with so I just grin and bare it the best I can. Hope you feel better and find a treatment that works for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts