Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am convinced I have a very bizarre, rare, neurological, internal body disorder that only affects the right side of my body. I remember being heavily constipated a couple years ago which seemed to trigger my problems. It left my abdomen feeling enlarged on the right side of my abdomen. Even though I ate healthy, fiber-rich foods, and drank a lot of water, I'd always feel bloat trapped and gurgling from my bottom to upper right abdomen. Plus, my bowel movements weren't as big or I wouldn't go use the bathroom as much as I used to. I told my doctor that it felt like gas and stool was trapped in my right side (small intestines and ascending colon) and that when I couldn't go to the bathroom for a day or two, it'd feel more uncomfortable especially on that side. Doc and I thought I had impacted intestines but abdominal x-ray, abdominal sonogram, and colonoscopy showed there was really nothing wrong with my liver, gallbladder, or colon so my doctor diagnosed me with IBS-C. Though, I do have slightly elevated bilirubin levels. Meanwhile, I started getting more problems over the years all on the right side of my body. My lymph nodes appeared to become bigger on the right side of my chin, neck, inguinal, and lower back areas. Doc felt my lymph nodes and said that as long as it didn't hurt or grow bigger, I was fine.Also, when I get headaches, they only tend to protrude on the right side of my head. In addition, my right eye would twitch if I didn't get enough sleep. Another thing is I remember yelling and getting into an argument with someone and I had a sore throat but it was only on the right side of my throat. Moreover, after going jogging for a while, only my right thigh and leg would get numb. I feel completely fine and normal on the left side of my body from head to bottom but not at all with my right side. I've had this problem since maybe the first year of high school and I'm in college now. My mom even took me to a herbal Chinese medicine place but honestly the medicine didn't do much. I know this sounds very ridiculous especially considering I made an account to post this but I'd really like to know if someone suffered from problems similar to me and if they were able to reverse their problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.