Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get abdominal pain after I eat but I also get it if I wait too long to eat. If I get too hungry and then eat something I get extreme abdominal pains. Does anyone else get this? Also when I get pain if I sit or lie down it gets better but as soon as I stand up again it comes right back! My pain always seems to hit in the afternoons, I get diarhea in the mornings and pain after lunch. Weird!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Waiting too long to eat can make the post eating increase in colon activity (that is normal) bigger than usual and that often leads to more pain in IBS than if you ate smaller more frequent meals.Some people find pain varies with position. Some people also have like a cramp in the pelvic floor muscle (levator ani) and that can be more painful when you are sitting down (some people say it sounds like sitting on a ball). Not sure if there is much that helps that, but it is fairly common.

·
Registered
205 Posts
When Im laying down(Especially when sleeping) I have absolutely no abdominal pains. I find that this is because I am relaxed and at night my colon sleeps like I do. Also the stomach pains can come and go as far as being hungry or being full. I find that I can never predict when my stomach will be upset. Only time I know he will be simmered down is during sleep. Typical IBS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I'm the same way. I really look forward to bedtime because I know that I will not suffer any pain then! It's kinda sad really. Unfortunately, I also suffer from Interstitial cycstitis, which also causes abdominal pain and frequent bathroom trips. I try to keep smilin but sometimes it's really hard to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts