Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a moderate flare-up last night with the IBS-D and it was one of those where I felt like if I sat absolutely still and didn't move around much, I would be okay. But if I got up out of the chair or switched my position, I'd have to run to the bathroom again. Does anyone else ever have this? There are times when it's acting up and I'll be laying in bed, afraid to even turn over, because I know if I do, I'm on the toilet again. Just another weird IBS thing.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
You're not alone, AnnMarie. Strange you should post this - yesterday was my first flare-up in ages, and it was just as you described: if I sat very still, I was okay, but the minute I switched positions or made a move, I had to go to the bathroom. It is weird?!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Annemarie, one of my ways to stop the spasms was to sit down and stay completely still for as long as it took for the spasms to stop occurring. Unfortunately for me this happened very often outside or in a shop, and you can't always just sit down then! I have never experienced it while lying down though, that must really be bad. However you may have noticed I did write in the past tense, lately my d-spasms have been so strong that even sitting down wouldn't help.I'm trying out the calcium carbonate, am in my 14th day, no accidents so far, but still have the cramps! Hope you're feeling better now!Fay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts