Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh. What a rough week. Last week I had an attack just about every day. I went out of town for the weekend to visit a relative and in order to overcome the awkwardness I just talked incessantly about my issue and she just seemed annoyed and almost like she didn't believe me (and she's a nurse!!). Fortunately I got through the weekend with no problems... Then Monday came. Since yesterday and into today I have basically had a non-stop attack. I'm just exhausted with it. Because of my IBS I have become such a picky eater. I'm under a lot of stress right now because I've been out of work for long enough that it's not fun anymore and, like the perfect storm, I binge. I eat whatever I want and then I suffer and wonder why I do this to myself!?My main gripe is my eating. As I said, I've become such a picky eater that I will avoid food ALL day and then come the evening when I know I'm in for the night and don't have to worry I just go at food. I know they say you have to be really careful about what you put into and empty stomach but I just get so fed up sometimes I just say SCREW IT! I want to eat what I want to eat. I want to feel normal. Does anyone else do this? How much damage am I doing to myself?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ugh. What a rough week. Last week I had an attack just about every day. I went out of town for the weekend to visit a relative and in order to overcome the awkwardness I just talked incessantly about my issue and she just seemed annoyed and almost like she didn't believe me (and she's a nurse!!). Fortunately I got through the weekend with no problems... Then Monday came. Since yesterday and into today I have basically had a non-stop attack. I'm just exhausted with it. Because of my IBS I have become such a picky eater. I'm under a lot of stress right now because I've been out of work for long enough that it's not fun anymore and, like the perfect storm, I binge. I eat whatever I want and then I suffer and wonder why I do this to myself!?My main gripe is my eating. As I said, I've become such a picky eater that I will avoid food ALL day and then come the evening when I know I'm in for the night and don't have to worry I just go at food. I know they say you have to be really careful about what you put into and empty stomach but I just get so fed up sometimes I just say SCREW IT! I want to eat what I want to eat. I want to feel normal. Does anyone else do this? How much damage am I doing to myself?
HiI have colitis and I know it is due to the fact that I have no gallbladder...and then it gets inflammed when I eat the wrong stuff.BUT I do not know yet what is the wrong stuff.All I know is when i feel better I eat whatever and then backc omes the urgency to visit the loo and the aching pain in my tummy.A real pain ...literally!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts