Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel so jumpy, I start to do everything fast and I feel like I have ants in my pants.Does anyone experience this? I have IBS-C and I find that when my tummy acts up I am doing five million things at once, can't concentrate, make mistakes.How do you not jump? I don't drink any caffeine either.

· Registered
568 Posts
I have IBS D and feel jumpy all of the time when I'm having a bad time. My worst time is when I have to commute on the train (PATH has no bathrooms and the ride is about 25 mins-can get scary!) I breathe deeply and exhale slowly and do a sort of Lamaze type breathing exercize. My fellow commuters must think I'm just another nut dressed up like a banker!!If you are not familiar with Lamaze just try very deep breaths and slowly exhale and do this for a while until you feel yourself start to relax. It ususally helps me and keeps your mind on the task at hand rather than what's making you jumpy. Good luck-and I thought it was only the d types that panic and get "jumpy"!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.