Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel very worried.I feel palpitations and funny things on my heart due to gas,because after I feel this I start burping and that makes me feel better. Is this common??Please I need to know if someone else have feel this.I already went to my heart doctor and he told me my heart was fine,that it was changes of the heart ryth that are normal in some people,but this is very frigthening.Today when I went to the bathroom as I was constipated I felt those weird things in my heart and I start burping.Please help meThanksAnyitaPd.-Are headaches also related to I.B.s?

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi, Yes i too get funny heart murmury things with gas. I even had a 24hour ecg i was so worried once. Aparently it is commen with IBS, many strange things are so dont feel you are alone in this. I don't get headaches but if you are stressed about ibs and such headaches can occur.susanna

·
Registered
81 Posts
I also get palpitations have done for years. It is very frightening, it still frightens me after after all the tests and the Drs telling me there is nothing wrong with my heart. I also get headaches and a light headed feeling, I know it is just another thing we have to put up with but things do get better, I no longer get D very often, and in time the palpitations get less. Try relaxation tapes or meditation it helps me a great deal. It also helps to know I am not alone, so remember you have friends who know what it's like. Stick with it, you'll get there.

·
Banned
194 Posts
If it's gas causing the "palpitations"... they probably aren't real palpitations of the heart, but they are nontheless unnerving. Yes, I have them intermittently.... especially if I am nervous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts