Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site. I have IBS, I am always C, and bloated, and stomach hurts. I get very sick to my stomach ( I don't vomit ) just before I have to finally go #2. Then after I finally go, My stomach bloats up, and gets sore, and I feel like I have trapped gas, but nothing ever comes out. I get about one to two days a month ( when I am on my ..... ) that I feel ok.My main complaint are:1. Can't pass gas 2. Stomach looks like I am six months prego.3. Fiber only makes my bloat more and be more C.4. Stomach always soar around belly button.5. Sick to my stomach hours before I finally go.I do go #2 about once or twice a week and that is now good for me. I stopped taking everything the doc. gave me and started finally going by myself. The complaint now is that I am always bloated and pressure.What can I take.Gas X and those type of meds only make me bloat worse and stomach becomes more sore and I never pass gas that way.I noticed that Mixed drinks help me pass gas the next day. All I know is, I feel like a cow all the time. Advise please.HelpThanksChris

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Cris,I kinda have the same problems. I feel really sick right before I go #2. I really don't know what I have and I been going to the doctors for about a year and a half so far. I had all kinda test done and during my colonoscopy they found a ulcer at the end of my colon and a polyp. My polyp was removed but where the ulcer was my GI doctor insist I have crohn's even thou I don't have the symptoms of crohn's. I was even on the medication for crohn's with no releaf so my doctor wants me to get a 2nd oppinion, but after talking to my PCP doctor and doing some research I am starting to beleave I have a food allergy. So I am going to a allergist in about 2 weeks. My symptoms right now is:1. A pain in my groin area which originally started near my bellybutton2. Bloating.3. Nausious and sick feeling right before #2 thats usally the worst.4. tons of GasNow since my colonoscopy things have changed in my life where my cramping is now pretty much gone. And I was C ever day except for maybe 1 or 2 days a week. I can't really do much in the day and feel somewhat week in the knees in stuff but I been doing alot more now. I still am not back to work yet but hopefully going to be soon.My sugestion to you is go back to the doctors and keep finding out whats going on. Keep getting test done. You will fine out soon enough. You might want to try some aloe vera juice also. It helped me out with my cramping and C alot. Well I hope that helped. Good Luck and Keep us informed

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is your normal food and beverage intake everyday? What kinds, how much, etc. Also, what do you take for your nausea? Have you tried ginger tea? Altoids will work sometimes to help ease nausea (the peppermint oil). If we could know your daily routine suggestions would be easier to make. Hang in there!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My normal food intake is this.I drink about 36 oz of water a day. I dink about 5 Dr. Pepper's. I know I know.I eat a Bananna for Breakfast, skip lunch, dinner is usually grilled chicken or grilled steak,or a Turkey sandwich. I don't eat much,I do drink lots of Soda. I take Prilosec (sp?) for heartburn. I take Birth Control. I think the birth contol contributes to the bloating. I was off of it for over two weeks and felt much better. I think I will try to go off of it again to make sure that is what was helping.My stomach is always growling, like I am hungry,even when I know I can't be. If I push on one side of my stomach, it just roars and rumbles.The bloating is terrible, today I look six months pregnant. I can go from a size 8 to a 12 in the stomach area, just like that. Just now I had a half bagel for breakfast, my stomach is so bloated ( for the past five days )and it is rumbling and soar.Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

·
Banned
955 Posts
I have IBS C , but sometimes it'll flip over and alternate to "D".My guts will ache so bad if I need to have a B.Movement , but nothing happens.Then I get nauseated and vomit at times.I get alot of gas no matter what.I just began taking "REGLAN" once again , and it helps to push food thru the stomach's spincter muscle and out into the intestines faster.That way it don't stay and ferment in the stomach and make you sick.I hate feeling sick on a 24 hour basis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.