Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you still feel like you need to go and it feels like a BM is still up there inside, do you feel like you are sitting on a ball when you sit when this happens? And does your rectum feel heavy like something is there all the time?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do get that from time to time.It is rather annoying but I don't think carries any real danger. If you are having regular BM's and sometimes it just feels like that last 'piece' didn't come out , the last thing you want to do is strain. You will likely cause more pain , and potentially damage , by doing that. Let it happen naturally. The sensation of "sitting on a ball" is likely just from bowel motility. I do know the sensation you are talking about though , and normally it resolves itself.As far as your rectum feeling 'heavy' are you referring specifically to the lower part of your rectum , towards your anus that feels blocked or that there's a 'weight' in there , or is this a localized feeling that radiates. If you are slightly constipated , this could be due to gas as well...Follow up with your doctor and inform him of your symptoms. I think you'll be fine though

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do not know your age or anything, but what you describe sounds like it could be a prolapse. I have had cystocele, rectocele, and pelvic floor problems, It also felt like I was sitting on a ball and had a lot of constipation with it. Alot of women have these problems. It is worth getting it checked out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.