Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fibro along with the IBS. I was wondering if anyone else has this also and how it affects your IBS.It seems when I am achy all over and just plaing can't move very well that my IBS flares up. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My IBS symptoms started about three and a half years ago, followed about a year later with what felt like muscular tension in my legs, arms, chest and, occasionally, shoulders.My doctor was prepared to label my condition fibromyalgia although I don't have, thankfully, other typical fibromyalgia symptoms such as 'tender points' on the body and disrupted sleep. He also commented that muscloskeletal pain was not uncommon in IBS patients.Presently my symptoms can run in tandem or they can manifest themselves separately, and the overall levels of discomfort will vary.I'm not on any medication but a nutritionist has suggested magnesium supplements - I'd be interested to hear other views and recommendations.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the Parkview site, a board on fibromyaglia has recently been reintroduced. Looking for more participants. Please join in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ellen003 - Check out the BB in Parkviewpub.com for info about fibro. I, too have fibro and IBS together. I've had a really bad week with both. For me it seems to come in cycles - first the IBS, then the fibro, then intense fatigue - not necessarily in that order. This week, I've had IBS and fibro together. Not a good week! My pain seems to be mostly located in the upper back and neck. But, I get so many diverse symptoms with both the fibro and IBS. I sometimes wonder if they aren't part of the same thing. One of the hardest things I deal with is loss of memory - just general brain cramping - can't remember names or details only a week ago were right where I needed them! Where do they go??? Check out the other site. You'll like it. Feel free to e-mail me - seems like we have a lot in common![This message has been edited by Heykate (edited 02-04-99).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts