Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yes at times I can have thin stools. I wouldn't worry about it though, well, I don't anyway.
The intestines contract all the time for regular peristalsis and perhaps with IBS and possible spasms that can occur with IBS, thin stools may appear??? I wouldn't worry about it.Hope this helps.BQ

·
Registered
194 Posts
I alternate with these types of stool too. I find when my constant lower abd. pain is worse, I have thin stools....almost feels like everything inside is swollen. When my pain is a bit lesser, I have larger stools. Always in pain, but bowel movements are never the same twice!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies!!! That's the same thing for me. If I hurt in the lower abdomen, I have thin stools.Has anybody had a barium enema (who has this problem, too) cuz I'm scheduled for one on the 19th and am kinda scared

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have had a barium enema (also have the same problem) and honestly, it's uncomfortable, but they gave me a shot before hand to dull what pain there would be. The worst part was drinking the castor oil the night before. That stuff's nasty. My suggestion on that is, dump it in your favorite clear liquid, hold your nose, and chug the entire glass. Hope this helped and good luck

G

·
I had daily thin stools before my small bowel resection and now very seldom. Still go to much and check out the location of all the bathrooms in the stores.Worst part of the Barium enema or lower GI X-ray for me was the prep. YuckChar

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with all of the post here.BM is sometimes thin, when in great pain, also when it is less I have large BM. I have had a barium enema very painfull prep. The nurse did not know what she was doing. I didn't have castor oil the night before. So other stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.